The Mill Creek Town Center Business Association, together with the City of Mill Creek’s Art & Beautification Board, is pleased to announce the Mill Creek Town Center Second Thursday Art Walk. The Art Walk is planned to take place on the second Thursday of July, August and September, (July 12th, August 9th and September 13th) from 5:00 – 8:00 P.M.
Numerous Town Center merchants will host artists or musicians in their businesses for the evening. “This will be the beginning of what we hope will become an ongoing monthly event. The community can mingle and enjoy the art that will be displayed throughout the Town Center,” said Marcia Beck, co-owner of Musings Artist Inspired and co-chair of the Art Walk Planning Committee.
Maps showing participating merchants will be available online at www.millcreektowncenter.biz and on the evening of the Art Walk in Mill Creek Town Center.
Artists interested in participating in the Art Walk can send an email to the Art and Beautification Board: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the Mill Creek Town Center Art Walk. The following guidelines are designed to help you have a successful exhibition and to optimize your experience.
- Arranging for your exhibition with the merchant.
After we have matched you with a Town Center merchant, call the merchant no later than ten days before the Art Walkto determine the following:
- Amount of space available.
- Schedule for setting up and taking down your exhibition.
- Infrastructure or tools needed to display your work.
- Setting up your exhibition and taking it down.
Please set up and take down your exhibition in a way that affects the merchant’s business as little as possible. We want the merchants to have a good Art Walk experience so they continue to participate.
- Attending the Art Walk the evening of your exhibition.
You are required to attend your exhibition to greet potential clients, tell them about yourself, distribute any marketing materials, and sell your work.
After you arrange for your exhibition, review the following suggestions, and enjoy your experience!
Before the Art Walk
In an email message or on a postcard, notify collectors, friends, fans, and family members of your Art Walk location.
During the Art Walk
- Dress appropriately.
- Bring business cards, information about upcoming exhibitions and shows, and a sign-up book for email addresses.
- Stand up, smile, greet, and show interest in your potential clients.
- Describe how you create your artwork. This approach makes it easy to talk about your work without asking directly for a sale, which can be awkward for even seasoned exhibitors.
- Do not sit, read, or eat in front of potential clients.
Merchant Participation Guidelines
Welcome to the newly established Mill Creek Town Center Second Thursday Art Walk. We are excited that Town Center will be hosting this event and are delighted at your interest in participating. We look forward to the Art Walk bringing many new customers into the Town Center!
The Art Walk will take place on July 12, August 9 and September 13 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. This event will take place rain or shine.
The fee to participate for this three month period is $45 for Town Center Business Association dues paying members and $75 for non-members. Payment is due by June 15, payable to the Mill Creek Town Center Business Association.
What you receive for participating:
- The City’s Art & Beautification Board will assign an artist each month to your business. However, if you currently work with artists in your business, you are free to choose your own artist. If you choose to take a commission on the artist’s work sold that evening (0% to 35%), this commission is decided between you and the artist.
- The artist will need time before and after the Art Walk to set up and break down their exhibit. The artist will be present in your business for the duration of the Art Walk, from 5:00 to 8:00 pm.
- A listing on the map and information sheet designed and distributed by the Art Walk Planning Committee. The map and information sheet will appear on the Mill Creek Town Center website and on the City of Mill Creek’s website about a week prior to the Art Walk.
- A colorful marker to designate your business as a participant on the evening of the Art Walk. (You will be responsible for the care and storage of the marker. Replacements can be requested for $20.)
Michelle Nims @ email@example.com
Marcia Beck @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Participate? Just download the Merchant Participation Signup Form (77K .pdf), fill it out and send it in. If you have requested an artist be placed in your store, a member of the City’s Art & Beautification Board will contact you to discuss your space requirements.
Michelle Nims, MCTC Business Association
Marcia Beck, Art Walk Planning Committee and
Co-Owner, Musings Artist Inspired
(Last Updated 6/11/2012)